Fruity Bug Oat Cakes
These cute fruity bug oatcakes make great fun and tasty snacks for kids. They’re quick and easy to make - just spread the cream cheese over an oatcake and encourage your kids to let their imagination fly with the decorations. Perfect for a garden or bug themed party!
· 3 organic oat cakes
· 15g organic cream cheese
· 6 grapes (5 red, 1 green)
· 1 blackberry
· ¼ small apple
1. Evenly spread a thick layer of cream cheese on each oatcake.
2. Prepare the fruit; Cut the grapes in half, cut 2 thin slices of apple for butterfly wings then slice up 8 thin slivers for legs.
3. For the butterfly: Place 3 grape halves down the centre of an oatcake, cut side down. Push an apple wing into each side to form a butterfly. Cut 2 tiny slivers of apple for antennae and push them into a grape half with the tip of a knife to form the head.
4. For the spider: Place a blackberry in the centre of an oatcake. Add half a grape for the head. Finish with apple legs.
5. For the flower: Place the remaining grape halves cut side down on the oatcake to form a flower.